cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Bickerton, Alec" <Alec.Bicker...@sunrise.net>
Subject BooleanGetterPlugin isXXX methods
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:24:23 GMT
Hi,

I recently ran into a problem with the BooleanGetterPlugin when using the generated classes
in a Spring MVC webpage. (This is a legacy application, don't ask... :-))  MVC needs to use
a getter for booleans so we generate them with -Xbg extension. Unfortunately, we also have
a lot of existing code that relies on the isXXX() methods. While it's possaible to go through
and refactor these (20K+) source files I'm reluctant to do so.

I've filed an issue in JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4899 with a patch that
would leave the isMethod intact while adding the required getter method.

Maybe this would be useful for somebody in the future. As I don't particularly want to patch
every future upgrade of CXF, what are the chances of this being included?

Regards,
Alec Bickerton