cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF-4805: what's up with OPTIONS
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 23:08:35 GMT
If the call is going to the SOAP service, BP 1.1 seems to ask for 4xx,
as to indicate it's a client error.

http://www.ws-i.org/profiles/basicprofile-1.1-2004-08-24.html#HTTP_Client_Error_Status_Codes

In particular, it mentions "405 Method not Allowed".

2013/2/5 Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>:

> On Feb 5, 2013, at 8:38 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am I write in believeing that OPTIONS verbs should be intercepted and rejected?
>
> Assuming you are talking about SOAP, most likely all verbs other than POST (and empty
verb to account for transports like JMS/tcp/etc...) should be intercepted.

> The QUESTION is whether a 4xx HTTP error code should be returned with an empty body or
a normal soap fault created on a 500 error code.  I'm not really sure about that.