cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Release the site-exporter?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 22:03:15 GMT

I'm thinking of  doing an actual "release" of the site-exporter that we use to generate the
website as an actual jar that would go into central.    The main reason is that there are
now SEVERAL projects (CXF, Camel, ActiveMQ, Geronimo, Tapestry, etc….) that are using various
copies of it with various patches and changes.   It would be nice to have it versioned in
a way that updates can be made to it without affecting the other projects until they are ready
for it.    Right now, when I change anything I test with both Camel and CXF sites to make
sure nothing "breaks", but that could still affect other sites.   It would definitely be better
if the projects could lock things down.

Also, that would free up the "trunk" for more radical changes.   For example, the changes
needed for Geronimo could have been done directly on "trunk" instead of a forked copy.   Another
example is Uli thinking about changing it from SOAP to json-rpc (now that the json-rpc plugin
is installed).   Another example is to start some of the refactoring that will be needed when
they upgrade from Confluence 3.4 to 4.x.

Thoughts?

I guess one thought might be to see if this should move out of CXF entirely and into an infrastructure
space someplace.   Not sure how infrastructure would "release" in a way that would be easy
for the other projects to pick up (aka: to central).

--
Daniel Kulp