cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DOSGi 1.4.0 Release
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:46:18 GMT
Hi Christian,

I had a brief look at it and the demos that I tried with it worked. However
I did find some other issues:
* The Multi-Bundle distro Felix configuration files specify
the org.osgi.framework.system.packages framework property. They shouldn't
really do this (IMHO) and I've created bug DOSGI-155 for that.
* I ran the updated framework through the OSGi RemoteServices and
RemoteServiceAdmin Conformance Testsuites and some new failures have
appeared in this release. See DOSGI-156 for more details.

I think that many improvements have been made to reach 1.4.0 and I don't
think the above issues should block this release. I think we should try to
fix them for a 1.4.1 release that we should do in the near future.

In the mean time:
* People can work around DOSGI-155 by modifying these configuration files
themselves if the org.osgi.framework.system.packages value is not correct
for their environment.
* I will try to spend some time trying to the OSGi tests passing again. I
have been running against the Enterprise R5 CT. I just noticed that this is
not yet available in https://svn.apache.org/repos/tck/osgi-cts [3]. I'll
work on getting it in there too.

An email of this length is a bit unusual for a simple vote email, but
here's my +1 for releasing this as I think that despite the issues it would
be useful to release this so that people can continue testing and working
with it.

Best regards,

David

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-155