cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Zhiqiang Kou <kouzhiqi...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF JMX register Standard MBean
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 03:30:53 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to integrate CXF JMX with my application. I have my own
implementation of MBeanServer. When I read CXF source code I found this:

/cxf-rt-management/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/management/jmx/InstrumentationManagerImpl.java

    public void register(Object obj, ObjectName name, boolean
forceRegistration) throws JMException {
        if (!isEnabled() || connectFailed) {
            return;
        }
        //Try to register as a Standard MBean
        try {
            registerMBeanWithServer(obj, persist(name), forceRegistration);

        } catch (NotCompliantMBeanException e) {
            //If this is not a "normal" MBean, then try to deploy it using
JMX annotations
            ModelMBeanAssembler assembler = new ModelMBeanAssembler();
            ModelMBeanInfo mbi =
assembler.getModelMbeanInfo(obj.getClass());
            register(obj, name, mbi, forceRegistration);
        }
    }

It sounds like CXF will first tries to register the object as a Standard
MBean. I want to know under which condition CXF will register Standard
MBean? When I read source code I only found MBean using annotation (likes
Server), or Counter objects. Do I need to handle Standard MBean
registration from CXF? If so, how can I trigger it?

Thank you!

Eric