cxf-dev mailing list archives

From John Li <j...@mycubes.nl>
Subject Usage of WS-RM 1.1 in the client configuration
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:54:29 GMT
Hello all,

I am currently working on an assignment to implement a pilot showing the
interoperability of WSRM between different technologies. For the reference
implementation I will be using Apache CXF to provide both a server for
other clients to connect to and to provide a sample client implementation
in Apache CXF.

After downloading and getting the wsrm sample application up and running I
have seen in the SOAP messages that WSRM 1.0 is the default protocol since
the namespace is still 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm'.

Actually the CXF website is not mentioning anything about the
implementation of wsrm 1.1. After some research I found that from version
2.5.1 the wsrm 1.1/1.2 has been added to the release. My problem is that I
could not find how to activate the 1.1 protocol. Specifically I need the
RMS to send out wsrm 1.1 messages out instead of 1.0 messages. The RMD I
can see it will react based on the message that comes in so that will
automatically select the right protocol version.

After looking through the source code of the WSRM implementation I found
the required settings in the RMManager but based on the
current reliableMessaging configurations the rmNamespace is not a
configuration option. Although I can see in the wsrm-manager.xsd the
following statement:

<xs:any namespace="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" >
<xs:annotation><xs:documentation>
Deprecated.  To support the older spring:property element that is no longer
used
</xs:documentation></xs:annotation>
</xs:any>

I could only change this configuration by using the spring property
element. So to make my client implementation sending out wsrm 1.1 messages,
I have used the following two statements in the reliableMessaging
configuration:

<wsrm-mgr:RM10AddressingNamespace uri="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"
/>
<property name="RMNamespace" value="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702"/>

Though now it seems to work, the property element is deprecated so I am
wondering if I am doing it on the correct way or is there a better way to
do this?

Also I see in the current implementation that the usage of wsrmp 1.0
settings is defined in the wsrm-manager.xsd and wsrmp 1.1/1.2 elements are
not supported. As it also is stated in issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4139.  Though the wsrmp 1.1/1.2
has totally different elements, the most important delivery assurance
settings are already supported by Apache CXF wsrm-manager configurations.
My question on this is: What is the impact for Apache CXF when a WSDL is
provided that uses the wsrmp 1.1/1.2 policy elements? Will they be ignored
and you need to configure these settings manually through the manager or
does CXF automatically convert them to the internal manager settings?

I hope someone can help me with clarifying my questions.

Many thanks in advance!

John Li