cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject interpretation of jaxws 10.2.2 exception handling
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 08:29:17 GMT
Hi,
There is a mail thread on users@cxf regarding the soap faultstring
generation rule.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cxf-users/201212.mbox/%3CCANXr88J3iiWU_d_xrBDv0x5msKH9FiWVP-DcQA9fOWC_3p%3DFvQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Could someone familiar with section 10.2.2 of the jaxws spec comment
on this, in particular, what is exactly meant as the exception from
service endpoints.

This section differentiates these service endpoints exceptions from
those runtime exceptions raised by jaxws handlers. I am not sure if
some of the cxf interceptors are to be interpreted as jaxws handlers
(strictly speaking of the terminology, not, but logically some of them
are playing the same role, hence my question). As I commented in the
above mail thread, we need to apply this faultstring generation at the
appropriate place depending on the interpretation of this section.

Thanks.
Aki