cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fediz IDP refactored
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:02:37 GMT
Hi Oli,

> I've refactored the Fediz IDP and I'd like your feedback. The IDP is
based on a state machine which re-uses Servlet Filters to build up
> the processing chain but an abstract AbstractAuthFilter handles all the
state related processing.

+1 - looks good to me. Is there any reason to keep the IdpServlet around
any longer?

> Another topic I'd like your opinion is the pre-state condition. A filter
is called only if the one state condition is met. If a filter could
> support depending on different states, there is also only one
FederationFilter needed.

I guess it would be more flexible to be able to call a filter if all (or
some) of a number of conditions are all met - it might be more complex than
is required though?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh