cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Wulff <owu...@talend.com>
Subject Fediz IDP refactored
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:24:56 GMT
Hi there

I've refactored the Fediz IDP and I'd like your feedback. The IDP is based on a state machine
which re-uses Servlet Filters to build up the processing chain but an abstract AbstractAuthFilter
handles all the state related processing.

I was struggeling a little bit how to define the states. An enum is to static whereas a string
to error prone. I'd like that users have the option to extend the IDP without having to patch
the enum class to introduce new states.

I've defined the default states in a enum but all processing is based on strings.

It's now much easier to add the SAML profile as only the FederationFilter and FederationPostFilter
has to be rewritten.

Another topic I'd like your opinion is the pre-state condition. A filter is called only if
the one state condition is met. If a filter could support depending on different states, there
is also only one FederationFilter needed.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Thanks
Oli

------