cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF-DOSGi release in about two weeks?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:34:56 GMT

On Nov 12, 2012, at 6:44 AM, David Bosschaert <david.bosschaert@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Sounds great and I think the work you've done and the work you're
> proposing to do is a great step forward.
>
> However, some of the features that you've planned are fairly large,
> and I would wonder whether it's feasible to have them all added and
> stable within 2 weeks.
> Would it not be better to implement all of these first and then call
> for the release when it's all ready?
>
> Alternatively, if, for some reason you are unable to finish all of the
> work that you're planning to do, we could still do a release with the
> features that made it and delay the other ones to an later release,
> IMHO…

Personally, I kind of prefer that latter.   The DOSGi stuff has been kind of languishing a
bit.  If we can start a process of smaller, incremental but more often releases that add stuff
in, I'd be much happier.   Getting things into the hands of the users sooner isn't a bad thing.
 :-)    The entire Release Early, Release Often mantra.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp