cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Opalka <ropa...@redhat.com>
Subject Exceptions inheritance JAXB de/serialization issue
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:53:11 GMT
Hi CXF folks,

Below is copy/paste from JAXWS 2.2 spec, Section 3.7 - Service Specific
Exception:
---
For exceptions that do not match the pattern described in section 2.5,
JAX-WS maps those exceptions to Java
beans and then uses those Java beans as input to the JAXB mapping.
---

I'm wondering why CXF isn't using generated 'exception' beans for JAXB
de/serialization & WSDL generation
but instead operate directly on top of exception objects? I know CXF is
passing TCK, but isn't it violating JAXWS spec.?
Most probably TCK tests doesn't cover this issue :(

Cheers,

--
Richard Opalka
Principal Software Engineer