cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1412802
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:52:00 GMT
Hi
> Hi Sergey,
>
> the idea is to auto detect if a service is a JAXWS service by detecting
> the @WebService annotation.
> So if this annotation is found then the service would default to
> JAXWS/JAXB instead of Simple/Aegis if no intent overrides this.
>
> The corresponding issue is:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-128

OK, see what you mean, thanks

> This may also be possible for JAXRS. Can you open an issue and document
> how a jaxrs service should be detected and what the settings then should be?

In case of JAX-RS, it has to be '@javax.ws.rs.Path' annotation that can
identify a service bean as a JAX-RS root resource class...Alternatively
the service bean itself can be 'javax.ws.rs.core.Application'. I guess

I can definitely get the code enhanced to manage 'Application' OSGI
services, however, what about the auto-detection and the actual endpoint
address ?

Will the endpoint be bound to HTTP Service or will it be an absolute
(default) URI and thus Jetty will do an internal HTTP support ?

Thanks, Sergey