cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject CXF DOSGi: Idea for replacement of IntentMap reading
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 06:59:04 GMT
Currently we manually use spring-dm to read the IntentMap from the dsw
bundle as well as from bundles implementing or using OSGi services.
This has some drawbacks:
- As IntentMap is defined in the dsw bundle the user bundles depend on
the dsw bundle
- User bundles and dsw bundle depend on spring dm
- It is not possible to use other ways to define intents (e.g. blueprint
or by hand)

So I propose to replace this with a different aproach:

First I would like to replace the IntentMap with a simple HashMap so we
do not need a depdendency on dsw.
To also avoid to directly use spring dm I propose we define the default
intents in java code.

For user defined intents we could use a service. So the user bundles
would define the intent map themselves and offer it as an OSGi service.
The dsw bundle then would check for these services.
As the Map is not a unique identifier we could use a property to mark a
service as a intent map.

The solution has one drawback though. It is incompatible with the
current way of defining intents. Do you think this is a problem? Do you
see any other problems with proposed solution?

Btw. I think the current intent map reading has a bug. We use
getIntentMap for loading the default intents as well as the use intents.
Inside getIntentMap we cache the loaded IntentMap. So only the first
call will load something. So I am not sure if user intents work at all
at the moment. Is this correct?

See also:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-86
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-115