cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating an proxy servicelayer for javascript
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:59:42 GMT

On Nov 9, 2012, at 3:58 AM, Dominic Pöllath <d.poellath@adito.de> wrote:

> Hi Daniel!
>
> Thank you for your answer and your hint! I looked into this, this seems to be just an
adapter for the wsdlBuilder Service from CXF. I want to provide an javascript service without
handling with the wsdl-file itself.

> is it possible to handle it automatically?

We currently don't have anything that could handle it.    If you wanted to work on this to
create something that is not wsdl based, we'd certainly welcome the contribution.  :-)

That said, I don't expect it to be "easy".   The ReflectionServiceFactoryBean that does a
majority of the grunt work for setting up the services pretty much is based on having access
to the java.lang.reflect.Method objects.   You wouldn't have those.  Thus, it starts to become
much harder.   You'd need to subclass AbstractServiceFactoryBean (I think) and implement the
create method for that.   Doesn't look quick to me.   :-(

--
Daniel Kulp