cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Yi Xiao <xiaoyijhondeve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About the handler chain execution flow
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 04:07:41 GMT
Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your response :)

Yes, as you said, maybe the spec does not explain it clearly leading to the
difference in each implementation, I will double check it.

As RI and axis2 dispatch the message to endpoint and there are many users
use them before, now want to migrate the applications from them to CXF(like
me :)), so could you please consider changing a little in CXF on this
behavior? I will be very appreciated.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2012, at 10:33 PM, Yi Xiao <xiaoyijhondevelop@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could someone shed some light on the issue? thank you very much.
>
> Welcome to the world of implementing specs….   If there are multiple ways
> to interpret the spec and the TCK for the spec doesn't explicitly test a
> particular implementation, there will likely end up as multiple
> implementations.     Actually, even if the TCK DOES originally test a
> particular implementation, if someone can read the spec differently and
> interpret it differently, they can usually challenge the TCK and get the
> test excluded.
>
> Dan
>

> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Yi Xiao <xiaoyijhondevelop@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Recently, I've tested some handler cases , when I test the case that the
> >> handler return *false*, *inbound*,* oneWay* at server side, the
> message's
> >> execution flow in CXF is:
> >>
> >> Server_SOAPHandler1_handleMessage_Inbound:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler2_handleMessage_Inbound:
> >> Server_LogicalHandler_handleMessage_Inbound:// The LogicalHandler return
> >> false
> >> Server_LogicalHandler_close:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler2_close:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler1_close:
> >>
> >> I also test the same case in Axis2 and Glassfish3.1.2.2.
> >>
> >> (1)The Axis2 result is:
> >>
> >> Server_SOAPHandler1_handleMessage_Inbound:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler2_handleMessage_Inbound:
> >> Server_LogicalHandler_handleMessage_Inbound:// The LogicalHandler return
> >> false
> >> Server_LogicalHandler_close:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler2_close:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler1_close:
> >> *Server_sendString: *// The message is from endpoint
> >>
> >> *
> >> *
> >>
> >> (2)The Glassfish result is:
> >>
> >> Server_SOAPHandler1_handleMessage_Inbound:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler2_handleMessage_Inbound:
> >> Server_LogicalHandler_handleMessage_Inbound:// The LogicalHandler return
> >> false
> >> *Server_sendString:  *// The message is from endpoint
> >> Server_LogicalHandler_close:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler2_close:
> >> Server_SOAPHandler1_close:
> >>

> >> According to the jsr224 9.3.2.1,
> >>
> >> Return false This indicates that normal message processing should cease.
> >> Subsequent actions depend
> >> on whether the message exchange pattern (MEP) in use requires a response
> >> to the message currently
> >> being processed or not:
> >>
> >> *No response* Normal message processing stops, close is called on each
> >> previously invoked handler
> >> in the chain, the *message is dispatched* (see section 9.1.2.2).
> >>
> >> I am not sure about the mean of "message is dispatched", the CXF
> dispatch
> >> the message to client directly but the Glassfish and Axis2 send the
> message
> [...]

Best regards!

                 John Xiao