cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF-DSOGI: Proposal to switch logging to slf4j
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:45:35 GMT

On Oct 31, 2012, at 7:15 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> currently we use a mix of log4j and util logging in CXF-DOSGi.

That definitely should be fixed.   Not sure why we would have had a mix like that.

> I just saw that zookeeper changed their logging to slf4j. It seems their current release
is not completely correct but I am sure they will soon work fine with just slf4j as an import.
> As CXF-DOSGi only runs on OSGi and slf4j is the simplest way to support logging on OSGi
I propose we switch the logging to slf4j. So we are in line with Apache Karaf and Zookeeper.

The main concern I would have had is if any of the CXF-DOSGi code used the Messages.properties
resource bundles for the logging messages like the main CXF code does.  However, I just did
a quick search through the DOSGi code and don't see any of them.  Apparently not used there.

Thus, I don't really have any major objection to it.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp