cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF-DSOGI: Proposal to switch logging to slf4j
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:40:34 GMT
On 31/10/12 14:45, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2012, at 7:15 AM, Christian Schneider<chris@die-schneider.net>  wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> currently we use a mix of log4j and util logging in CXF-DOSGi.
>
> That definitely should be fixed.   Not sure why we would have had a mix like that.
>

>> I just saw that zookeeper changed their logging to slf4j. It seems their current
release is not completely correct but I am sure they will soon work fine with just slf4j as
an import.
>> As CXF-DOSGi only runs on OSGi and slf4j is the simplest way to support logging on
OSGi I propose we switch the logging to slf4j. So we are in line with Apache Karaf and Zookeeper.

> The main concern I would have had is if any of the CXF-DOSGi code used the Messages.properties
resource bundles for the logging messages like the main CXF code does.  However, I just did
a quick search through the DOSGi code and don't see any of them.  Apparently not used there.

it is a good point though. I wonder if the CXF style should be preserved
in CXF-based DSW ? May be no one will notice,

Cheers, Sergey