cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject oneway is different between wsdl-first and code-first
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 08:43:47 GMT
Hi,

Currently when we use wsdl first way, if an operation in the wsdl have input and fault but
no output, then it would be considered as a oneway operation,  we can see a auto-generated
oneway operation can throw exception.
Is this behavior correct? I doubt it but I checked the JAXWS spec but can't find clear definition
about this part.

When use code first way, if a java method has Oneway annotation, then it's fault would be
ignore, you can see it from ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
       if (hasOut) {
            // Faults are only valid if not a one-way operation
            initializeFaults(intf, op, method);
        }

So the way we process oneway is different between wsdl-first and code-first. In wsdl-first,
we keep the fault but in code-first we ignore the fault. This mismatch could cause problem
like CXF-4493, I think we should unify oneway behavior between wsdl-first and code-first.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Freeman
Freeman Fang