cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async http client experiments....
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 14:12:53 GMT

On Sep 6, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 10:55 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:

test as well as I don't have any sort of proxy setup anywhere.  I may need to look into how
to setup a simple proxy to dig into this.

>>> Not sure if this would be the best option for you, but some time ago I
>>> wrote some JBossWS tests related to http proxy configuration by using
>>> LittleProxy [1], perhaps it's convenient here too.
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.littleshoot.org/littleproxy/
>>
>> Cool. I see they just started a vote for 0.5 so if I wait a day or three, I can just
start with the newer version.  :-)

>> Thanks for the pointer.
>>
>> Dan
>>

> I personally use Squid [1] running locally in non-daemon mode to test
> HttpClient against. It is one of the most widely used proxies around.

I was originally looking at this, but there is a big disadvantage:  it's external to the build.
  The nice thing about the littleproxy thing is in your junit tests, you can pop up a proxy
on any port, use it, bring it down, etc… just like any other service we may be using.
It would work on every developers machine.

Right now, we have ZERO coverage of the proxy support in CXF, even for the HttpURLConnection
based transport.   With the little proxy thing, I'm hoping to rectify that.    That said,
I don't think it provides all the various possible proxy situations that squid can, but at
this point, some tests are better than none.   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp