cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async http client experiments....
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 19:30:35 GMT

On Sep 5, 2012, at 10:49 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2012, at 9:26 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Just ditch HttpHost. You obviously need a richer class to represent
>> connection routes. HttpClient has HttpRoute class for that matter. You
>> probably should be using a custom class that also includes HTTP proxy
>> and SSL context bits specific to CXF.
>>
>> Does this help you in any way?
>
> Yep.   Just feels like I have to subclass/override a lot of behavior from HC instead
of "using" it.   If HttpHost wasn't final, it would be so much more useful.   Is there a particular
reason why it has to be final?

> Still not sure about the Proxy stuff at all, but that's likely because I don't know much
about Proxies at all.  I'll likely need to look more into what proxy stuff does on the wire.

OK.  Went ahead and ripped out the HttpHost related stuff and replaced with a CXFHttpHost
which is basically a copy of the HttpHost with extra params for the TLS and Proxy stuff (Proxy
stuff unused right now).   With that, we're back to a  single connection for all the TLS requests
(providing they CAN).  So that looks good now.    That pretty much just leaves the Proxy stuff
as the major missing piece.

--
Daniel Kulp