cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Provide a dialect mechanism for the stax things
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:51:20 GMT

On Sep 19, 2012, at 9:14 AM, Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, CXF uses a StaxUtils to hold all the stax related things, while it
> only consider the woodstox and have optimization codes for that. How about
> providing a dialect mechanism to support other stax providers ? like what
> is done in Axiom project,
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/commons/trunk/modules/axiom/modules/axiom-api/src/main/java/org/apache/axiom/util/stax/dialect/
>
> Thoughts ?

Well, I guess the question is what "differences" do we need to handle between the various
dialects?   In general, we have a "it works for all" but we have optimized a few targeted
things for Woodstox.   If there are other optimizations or similar that we can do for the
other dialects, sure, we can introduce an abstraction or something to help that out.   However,
I don't see much point in introducing extra abstractions if they aren't needed. (or worse,
cause performance regressions.   The wrappers that axiom uses would cause performance regressions
with JAXB.)

--
Daniel Kulp