cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Willem jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Rename "Simple Frontend" --> "No-Annotation Frontend"?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 03:04:40 GMT
Hi Glen,

I'm sorry I forgot to replay the mail on the weekend.

I totally agree with you that we could add a sentence to help people to search the simple
front end  on the document if they want.

Now my question is will we rename the module name of the simple frontend in the code ?
If not, we still need to add a mapping between the code and docs.
If so, we need to tell the people to change the poms if they are doing the upgrade.

It looks like we are introducing a troubles before we clean up the mass. The meaning of "simple"
I think that is you don't need to configure any thing and it just runs, it is the KISS principle
that we alway apply during our open source development process. But it could be dumb as CXF
cannot know every thing he need to build up a right service module in the run time. That is
why we need the JAXWS frontend.

So I still opposite the proposal of rename the "Simple Frontend".

It could be more easier for users to realize that if they chose the simple frontend they may
face lots of issues in the production world,  if we can list the issues in the wiki page instead
of by guessing them from its name.

Any thought?

--
Willem Jiang