cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async http client experiments....
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 12:14:32 GMT

On Sep 8, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> I committed your patch with some minor tweaks. Please double-check.

Cool.  Thanks.  I'll take a look on Monday.

> The fundamental problem here is that SSL connections set up on a per
> request (or per client basis) when kept alive by the connection manager
> can be later leased to another client thread with a different security
> context if one is not careful.

Actually, I'm struggling with the OPPOSITE problem with the Async client.   The Async client
stores the X500Principal as the "state" for the connection (which is great BTW).   Thus, subsequent
calls that don't provide a state will never re-use the connection.   I need to do a little
work to store the principal, but it all looks very doable.   Hopefully will finish that up
on Monday.

> We can cut as many BETA releases as needed and as often as needed. There
> have been not that many changes since BETA2, so I would not rush BETA3,
> but I'll call for a release vote as soon as you need it. What I am not
> really comfortable committing myself to is any time frame for a GA
> release.

That's fine.   As long as there are "releases" in the central repo, we can at least proceed.
 For performance reasons, the async transport likely won't be a default, but it will be available
to those that may need it.   Definitely don't push a beta3 yet (unless someone else really
needs it) as I do want to verify more tests with it, check how it will work in OSGi, etc...

--
Daniel Kulp