cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Async methods for JAX-RS WebClient
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 18:27:59 GMT

Sergey,   (and others)

I just committed some initial support for some async methods to the WebClient.   Can you take
a look at that change and make sure it all makes sense?   I only have a "get" method in there
right now, but it should be fairly trivial now to add the others that would map to the new
doInvokeAsync method.   Just want to make sure it looks ok first.

I'm a little concerned about the "state" objects in the WebClient.  I assume WebClients aren't
supposed to be thread safe (that's OK).  However, can a WebClient be used to make multiple
calls?   What would you expect in the case where a WebClient makes multiple async calls?

--
Daniel Kulp