cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: oneway is different between wsdl-first and code-first
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 13:03:58 GMT
Hi Dan,

Yes, turn on validate reject it.
Thanks

Freeman
-------------
Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042

On 2012-9-3, at 下午8:39, dkulp@apache.org wrote:

> Freeman
>
> It's an invalid WSDL and should be rejected by the code generator. If you run with validation
turned on, does it reject it?

> With WSDL1, operations without an output cannot throw faults.
>
> Daniel Kulp
> http://dankulp.com/blog
>

> On Sep 3, 2012, at 4:43 AM, Freeman Fang <freeman.fang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently when we use wsdl first way, if an operation in the wsdl have input and
fault but no output, then it would be considered as a oneway operation,  we can see a auto-generated
oneway operation can throw exception.
>> Is this behavior correct? I doubt it but I checked the JAXWS spec but can't find
clear definition about this part.

>> When use code first way, if a java method has Oneway annotation, then it's fault
would be ignore, you can see it from ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
>>      if (hasOut) {
>>           // Faults are only valid if not a one-way operation
>>           initializeFaults(intf, op, method);
>>       }
>>
>> So the way we process oneway is different between wsdl-first and code-first. In wsdl-first,
we keep the fault but in code-first we ignore the fault. This mismatch could cause problem
like CXF-4493, I think we should unify oneway behavior between wsdl-first and code-first.