cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async http client experiments....
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:27:42 GMT
On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 17:10 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2012, at 6:13 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I think this problem can be easily fixed. If the expected X500Principal
> > is known in advance, one can stick it into the local execution context
> > as ClientContext#USER_TOKEN attribute [1]. This will force the client to
> > request connections with the given state only.
>
> Yep.   Worked perfectly.
>
> I committed my latest updates to the sandbox.   A little more cleanup and I'll likely
merge it into the main build.

> I did do a pretty big update to the SharedOutputBuffer to better handle the case where
a large byte[] is passed into the write method.   It will now avoid copying blocks out of
there into the buffer to then copy into the encoder.   Avoids a bunch of copies.   Also avoids
a bunch of flipping back and forth between threads as the enable/disable output stuff is flipped
back and forth.

Great stuff! Actually one probably could apply similar optimization to
the SharedInputBuffer as well to reduce intermediate buffer copying for
input operations.

Oleg