cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async http client experiments....
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:00:28 GMT
On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 10:14 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 15:30 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> >> On Sep 5, 2012, at 10:49 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> OK.  Went ahead and ripped out the HttpHost related stuff and replaced with
a CXFHttpHost which is basically a copy of the HttpHost with extra params for the TLS and
Proxy stuff (Proxy stuff unused right now).   With that, we're back to a  single connection
for all the TLS requests (providing they CAN).  So that looks good now.    That pretty much
just leaves the Proxy stuff as the major missing piece.

> > Would not aggregation be more appropriate here?
> >
> > class CXFRoute {
> >
> >  HttpHost host;
> >  HttpHost proxy;
> >  SSLStuff sstuff;
> >
> > }
>
> Possibly, but if HttpHost is eventually made non-final, with the current setup it would
be very trivial to rip out large chunks of code.   :-)

No problem at all. Besides, if this experimental code eventually lends
in the main code line I'll make sure generic bits get migrated back to
the framework. This should help reduce the footprint of custom code you
need to maintain internally. I have already made necessary changes to
the shared content i/o classes in the 4.3 branch of HttpCore so that
they could be used instead of the custom classes currently in the
sandbox.

Oleg