cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async http client experiments....
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 13:40:42 GMT
On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 10:55 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Alessio Soldano <asoldano@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On 09/04/2012 09:03 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> >>
> >> That said, there is still a bit of work todo:
> >>
> >> 1) Proxy support - haven't looked into this at all yet.   Hard for me to test
as well as I don't have any sort of proxy setup anywhere.  I may need to look into how to
setup a simple proxy to dig into this.

> > Not sure if this would be the best option for you, but some time ago I
> > wrote some JBossWS tests related to http proxy configuration by using
> > LittleProxy [1], perhaps it's convenient here too.
> >
> > [1] http://www.littleshoot.org/littleproxy/
>
> Cool. I see they just started a vote for 0.5 so if I wait a day or three, I can just
start with the newer version.  :-)

> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Dan

I personally use Squid [1] running locally in non-daemon mode to test
HttpClient against. It is one of the most widely used proxies around.

Oleg

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid_%28software%29