cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Wulff <owu...@talend.com>
Subject Audit log for STS
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 07:10:02 GMT
Hi there

I'd like to add some sort of audit log. In our environment the STS is used in all sort of
use cases where it's helpful to see whether requests were successful or failed and what kind
of RST it was.

Therefore I'd like to add an AuditLog class to the STS which is a Map with the following content:
   REQUEST_TYPE: issue/validate/....
   STATUS: successful, failed
   TOKEN_TYPE: SAML/bst
   WSS_TOKEN: UT/BST/ST/X509
   ONBEHALFOF_TOKEN:
   ACTAS_TOKEN:
   VALIDATE_TOKEN:
   APPLIES_TO:
   CLAIMS_REQUESTED:
   ???

Eeach entry is of type a class with a "value" and "properties" attribute. The attribute "value"
contains values like "issue, validate, successful, failed, SAML token". The attribute "properties"
is of type Properties where you can add whatever you want dependent on the token for instance.

Maybe in the future, you could configure which properties are for auditing purposes and which
for logging purposes.

WDYT?

Thanks
Oli