cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is RI JAXB context is required in JAXBDataBinding class ?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:32:25 GMT
Hi,

Which OSGi container you are using?

To use CXF in OSGi container, a lot of effort need be done,  jaxb-api and jaxb-impl bundle
is one of them, but not all. Servicemix wrap lots of bundles(spec bundle like jaxb-api need
use OSGiLocator stuff)  and karaf provide a provisioning mechanism(feature) to is convenient
to install CXF, so I suggest you use Apache Servicemix or Karaf as the OSGi container, which
support CXF better.

Actually Servicemix support CXF OOTB now, and Karaf 2.2.x also support to install CXF feature
easily,  you just need replace the jre.properties with jre.properties.cxf, both in $KARAF_HOME/etc
folder.

For Karaf 2.3.x and 3.x(which could be released soon), as it endorse new spec api jar from
Servicemix, so both can support CXF OOTB.

Freeman

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com