cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: more flexibility in configuring httpconduit's tlsClientParameters in spring or blueprint?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 09:05:03 GMT
Hi Aki
On 04/07/12 11:59, Aki Yoshida wrote:
> Hi,
> I haven been wondering about this for a while and I would like to hear
> your thoughts.
>
> Concretely, I am wondering if people are happy with the current file
> or resource based keystore instantiation provided by the
> tlsClientParameters's configuration schema. The current schema does
> not allow any bean referencing from within that structure. So, using
> the http's spring or blueprint namespace handlers that are based on
> this schema, you need to configure this entire structure. This makes
> it difficult to use this configuration handler If you have your own
> mechanism to get keystores and you can provide it as a bean or
> factory-bean reference.
>
> In such cases, one could directly configure the httpConduit and its
> tlsClientParameter as beans directly. Unfortunately, this doesn't work
> in blueprint because the blueprint bean element does not have the name
> attribute that can be used to configure the conduit's matching
> pattern.  So, this is not practical. Besides, I think it's pain to
> configure beans directly when the specific namespace handlers are
> available.
>
> So what are the options? Is this an unusual use case?  If this is not
> an unusual use case, should we add the reference attribute in some of
> those elements so that these can be optionally configured separately
> and referenced?
>
> Your comments are appreciated.

I've had a chance to deal with tlsClientParameters few days ago, I've
seen the examples of the references like
<sec:keyStore type="JKS" password="sspass"
    url="mtprotocol://mystorejks"/>

Are you thinking of having something like

ref="mybean" ? I guess it makes sense, we'd probably need to have some
interface like KeyResourceStore introduced, sorry if I misunderstood

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders