cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async http client experiments....
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:06:28 GMT
On Monday, July 30, 2012 10:40:32 PM Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Individual ContentDecoder / ContentEncoder implementations are marked
> with @NonThreadSafe annotation but public APIs do not make it clear
> enough that codecs are not thread safe. Thank you for pointing that out.
> I'll update javadocs and the tutorial as you suggested.

Well, the @NonThreadSafe annotation wouldn't have really helped me I think.
*I'm* only accessing the given encoder/decoder on a single thread.   Thus,
from my standpoint, it should have worked.  :-)    Yea, that single thread
is different than the  thread that passed it to me, but it is all on a
single thread.

BTW: I think the NHttpClient.java referenced from:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-ga/examples.html
needs work as well.   I don't think most of the parameters set in the
HttpParams actually will actually go into effect.   That was part of my
original issue as the TCP_NODELAY setting didn't take effect until I set
that on the ConnectingIOReactor instead of in the params.    Not sure if
it's a bug in the BasicNIOConnPool that was ignoring the params or a bug in
the example.    Looking at the code in BasicNIOConnPool, I think the
connection timeout is the only setting that would work from the params.

--
Daniel Kulp