cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF-DOSGi Zookeeper discovery data transformation
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:02:54 GMT
Hi Sergey,

On 22 June 2012 17:43, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David
>
> On 22/06/12 15:58, David Bosschaert wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently playing with CXF-DOSGi in the context of a cloud setup
>> and I'm also using the Zookeeper-based discovery.
>> The problem that I'm facing is that the host and port as known by the
>> local framework (running inside a cloud instance) is not the same as
>> the public host and port. Obviously to be able to access the remoted
>> service from outside you need the public host and port.
>>
>> So I came up with a DiscoveryPlugin interface which bundles can
>> register in the OSGi Service Registry (in the true OSGi Whiteboard
>> pattern way) to support such a transformation.
>> It has the following API:
>>
>> public interface DiscoveryPlugin {
>>     String process(Map<String, Object>  mutableMap, String fullPath);
>> }
>>
>> Before the ZooKeeper client code in CXF registers the endpoint with
>> the ZooKeeper server all registered DiscoveryPlugin are given a chance
>> to process the data. They can change the properties of the service
>> registration and change the path. So in my case I can change the URL
>> where the local framework thinks it registers it (e.g.
>> 127.5.3.123:8080) to the URL from where things are publicly accessible
>> (e.g. my.cloud.instance:80).
>>
>> Would everyone be happy with me adding this feature to the
>> cxf-dosgi-ri-discovery-distributed module? It's backward compatible -
>> if you have no plugins registered nothing happens.
>>
> Looks like a neat idea.
>
> What does mutableMap will represent ?

You're right - I could have made that a little more clear :) It
represents the service registration properties that will be stored in
ZooKeeper. For an example service they look like this:

  endpoint.framework.uuid=609a4e6b-9abe-0011-1888-adf8693241e9,
  endpoint.id=http://127.0.0.1:8080/repo,
  endpoint.package.version.org.acme.foo=1.0.0.SNAPSHOT
  endpoint.service.id=44,
  objectClass=[org.acme.foo.SomeInterface],
  org.apache.cxf.ws.address=http://127.0.0.1:8080/repo,
  service.imported.configs=[org.apache.cxf.ws],
  service.imported=true,
  service.intents=[SOAP.1_1, HTTP, SOAP],

So it might be more appropriate to call the argument mutableProperties
instead of mutableMap (I'll make sure to add proper JavaDoc too :).
Whatever you change in that map will be stored in ZooKeeper using the
changed value (note that the actual service registration in the local
framework doesn't change).

The plugin also allows you to change the path where it is changed by
returning a different path, so for example in my case the fullPath
variable is
  /osgi/service_registry/org/acme/foo/SomeInterface/127.0.0.1#8080##foo
It would allow you to change that to something like
  /osgi/service_registry/org/acme/foo/SomeInterface/my.cloud.host#80##foo

Cheers,

David