cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] remove http-whiteboard feature from cxf features.xml
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 02:06:51 GMT
Hi Team,

Currently we have a http-whiteboard feature like
<feature name="http-whiteboard" version="2.2.5" resolver='(obr)'>
         <!-- This is to work around an issue in Karaf 2.2.5 where the
"war" feature cannot be installed on Java 5 -->
         <!-- This gives us what we need and doesn't pull in the stuff
that doesn't work (the jsp bundle) -->
         <!-- Karaf >=2.2.6 has a newer version of this that will be
picked up instead -->
         <feature>http</feature>
         <bundle start-level="30">mvn:org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-
extender-whiteboard/1.0.8</bundle>
     </feature>

As the comment here, it's only for an issue with Karaf 2.2.5 and Java5.

As Karaf 2.2.8 is out already and maintain pax-web-extender-whiteboard
in cxf is little bit hard to keep it align with the one used in karaf.
If we have different version  of pax-web-extender-whiteboard in OSGi
container, when start the second pax-web-extender-whiteboard bundle we
will see exception like
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Http context already used.
Context params can be set only before first usage
as the exposed OSGi javax.servlet.Servlet service already register to
the first pax-web-extender-whiteboard bundle.

I think we're safe to  remove  http-whiteboard feature now, if there's
no other objection I'll do it.

Freeman

Freeman Fang

FuseSource