cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts about DOSGI 1.3.2 release
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 17:45:52 GMT
On 28/05/12 18:35, David Bosschaert wrote:
> I can understand that it's a significant refactoring.
>
> If you stay within the pure Blueprint model (within the spec) you
> shouldn't get bound to Aries. Eclipse Gemini also has an
> implementation.

Sure and there was a proposal on how to get Gemini used under the hood,
but the issue is how to get both used as needed.

Having DOSGi migrated to Blueprint and CXF 2.6.x would obviously improve
DOSGi CXF a lot, specifically, its OSGI-'awareness' would increase a lot.

But as I said, there are still quite a few issues in this list:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&jqlQuery=project+%3D+DOSGI+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC

which IMHO are quite important to get fixed for the users be able to do
their POCs, before making a big 'leap' forward.

Unfortunately I can not afford spending several weeks on migrating the
code to Blueprint, testing with Aries & Gemini, etc...Perhaps we will
get a bit of help from DOSGI CXF users :-)

Cheers, Sergey