cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Thoughts about DOSGI 1.3.2 release
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 16:34:30 GMT
Hi

I'm thinking of starting working toward releasing DOSGI 1.3.2.
I think I'll spend the next 2 or months on fixing few issues I can find
some time for, given that there's a lot of other CXF/etc work that needs
to be taken care of.
I'd like to suggest that the next release will be 1.3.2 as opposed to
1.4.0. Moving to CXF 2.6.1 at the DOSGI level will be a pretty major
effort, giving that a minimal bundle in CXF 2.6.x has gone.

It seems that there are still quite a few issues there that are
important to be fixed for the base/simple DOSGI applications to work
reliably and given that 2.5.x branch is still relatively 'young', I'd
probably prefer to stay on 2.5.x (2.5.4 for DOSGI 1.3.2 and might be CXF
2.5.5/2.5.6 for DOSGI 1.3.3), simply to make the most of the limited
time that I will be able to spend on DOSGi, before making a major switch
to CXF 2.6.x - and hoping by that time many of the 'basic' DOSGI
features have been fixed...

Thanks, Sergey