cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On OpenSAML dependency
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:10:54 GMT
Hi Alessio,

OpenSAML is also required for adding or validating SAML Assertions in
the security runtime, and so I would say it is a required dependency.
For example, the AbstractBindingBuilder has a direct dependency on an
Opensaml import.

Previously (prior to CXF 2.5 iirc) it was an optional dependency. I
don't see any reason why it should be optional given that it's a core
component of both WSS4J and any SAML functionality in CXF.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder