cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ajax form submit for Maultipart contetnt type along with other form fields
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:26:35 GMT
Hi
On 23/03/12 14:07, Ganesh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The requirements is to post the the form data along with the image/flash
> file upload via AJAX sumbit.
>
> In the server side we used @Consume("multipart/form-data") and the API
> argument is org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.ext.multipart.MultipartBody
>
> When we do a AJAX submit along with file upload everything is working fine.
> We have a use case to submit the form without file upload. when we do the
> AJAX sumbit without file upload the request content type is
> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" and in the server side we are getting
> the below exception
>
> [org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils] .No operation matching request path
> / is found, HTTP Method : POST, ContentType :
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded;charset=UTF-8, Accept :
> application/json,text/javascript,*/*,.
> 2012-03-22 21:46:27,596 WARN
> [org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper]
> WebApplicationException has been caught : no cause is available
>
> We tried to add  @Consume("application/x-www-form-urlencoded") in the server
> side, but still we faced the same issue.
>
> In one of the thread we found to use org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.ext.RequestHandler
> to set the content type explicitly in the server side.
>
> Could you please tell us whether can we follow the above approach or any
> other solution to resolve the issue.

You definitely need to have
@Consume("application/x-www-form-urlencoded") if the Content-Type is
application/x-www-form-urlencoded, however the FormEncodingProvider does
not deal with unmarshalling application/x-www-form-urlencoded payloads
into MultipartBody.

Thus you need to have two POST handlers, one for dealing with
application/x-www-form-urlencoded and having say MultivalueMap
parameter, and another (existing) one - for handling multiparts

Cheers, Sergey