cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF-DOSGi and the OSGi Remote Service Admin TCK
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:09:08 GMT
Hi David
On 20/03/12 11:00, David Bosschaert wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> On 20 March 2012 09:47, Sergey Beryozkin<sberyozkin@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi David
>>
>> On 20/03/12 08:00, David Bosschaert wrote:
>>>
>>> I just got confirmation that the current trunk of the CXF-DOSGi passes
>>> the TCK again.
>>
>> Great news, thanks for the support from your side,
>>
>>> It would be *really* good if we could release this
>>> version so that the Remote Services and RSA RI in the OSGi systems is
>>> a released version of CXF-DOSGi rather than a snapshot. Sergey, could
>>> I maybe ask you to do a release again?
>>
>> I'm planning to do a 1.3.1 release in the June/July time frame, few JIRAs
>> have been opened against 1.3 so I'll try to address some of them too before
>> cutting a new release.
>
> The TCK compliance work I did was part of the OSGi 4.3 Compendium
> cycle and I expect that the RIs for that (of which CXF-DOSGi is part)
> will be collected soon - within 2 weeks is my guess, but I can get a
> more detailed deadline if needed.
> If we want a released version of CXF-DOSGi to be part of that RI, we
> need to have that release before then. Otherwise they'll take the
> current version which is based on a 1.4 snapshot...
> Would there be an issue with just releasing what's there now (read:
> really soon) and maybe do a 1.3.2 in June/July?
> I've never done an Apache release so I'm not really sure how much work
> is involved, but if it's just a matter of a few commands, I think it
> would be worth it doing it now - but obviously that all depends on
> time people have available too...

How does this Compendium cycle work ? Having CXF DOSGi RI 'endorced' as
TCK-compliant is a strong enough reason to try to cut an interim release
in the next few weeks, however, I'm wondering, when would be DOSGi CXF
1.3.1 (released say in June/Jule) collected during the next cycle ?

I guess you are right in won't take long to quickly do another release,
my priorities are all on CXF 2.6.0 (and related projects) due in 2-3
weeks, but I guess this can be done quickly enough. Personally I'd
prefer to have at least couple of user-reported issues addressed along
the way but I definitely have no time for it now,

So if the collection can be easily organized in the next few months then
I'd prefer to wait till then, but if not doing this release now would
mean the collection will happen in one year time then I guess we should
go for it.

Thoughts ?

>>> Here's a summary of the fixes:
>>> * Fixed exports from Single Bundle Distro
>>> * Fixed deadlock
>>> * Fixed cleanup
>>> * Fixed ExportReferenceImpl.equals() and hashCode()
>>> * Fixed RemoteServiceAdminCore.exportService()
>>>
>>> As these issues are all exposed by the OSGi TCK I didn't write any
>>> additional tests for them in the CXF-DOSGi codebase.
>>> As an aside. Note that it is possible for Apache committers to run the
>>> OSGi TCK. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll dig up the
>>> details.
>>
>> Is that info in the public domain ? If yes then may be you can add this info
>> to the DOSGi wiki ?
>
> It is documented for Felix and Equinox projects that implement other
> OSGi specs, but I'll take an action item to document this on the DOSGi
> wiki as well.

Sounds good, thanks
Sergey

--