cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Minimizing thread usage for asynchronous invocations
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:06:32 GMT
On Thursday, March 29, 2012 02:36:55 PM Seumas Soltysik wrote:
> It would appear at this point that each async invocation involves a
> listener thread, waiting for a response from the server. Is there a way to
> configure the number of listener threads used by a particular client so
> that 100 async invocations do not result in 100 listener threads?

The default should max out at 25 per bus.   Basically, they end up on the
"default" WorkQueue of the bus which default to a max of 25 threads.   You
can configure the default WorkQueue to have more or less threads if you
want.

There is supposed to be code to allow for a specific "http-conduit" named
workqueue to be optionally configured, but I just noticed that code isn't
working properly and will always re-grab the default workqueue.  I'll get
that fixed.

You can also call the Service.setExecutor(..) prior to creating the proxy if
you want to specify a specify executor for the client.

> I was doing some research on this issue and it appears that at some point
> there was some work being done in this area:
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Async-HTTP-client-side-td2835428.html

Never had time to really finish/pursue that more in depth.   :-(

--
Daniel Kulp