cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can we require maven 3 to build CXF 2.6?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:14:59 GMT

Actually, the more I think about this, the more I think we *have* to flip to
Maven 3.   We now rely on a plugin (maven-bundle-plugin) to generate
important information (OSGi Metadata) based on information from the Maven
dependency resolution.   It's extremely important that that information be
correct.    It's known not to be correct in Maven 2.x, but it's also likely
to not get fixed.   It's much better in 3.x, and if an issue pops up, there
actually is a possibility to get  fix made.

I'm going to go ahead an set the prereq on trunk to 3.0 and update the
Jenkins builds to use 3.0.4.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp