cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Can we require maven 3 to build CXF 2.6?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:42:07 GMT

I just discovered an issue with Maven 2.2.1 that is preventing the OSGi
manifest in the little bundles from being correct.   I'm not really sure
what the issue is, but basically with 2.2.1, it's SOMETIMES losing the
"resolution:=optional" stuff on packages coming from jars marked optional.
However, it only seems to do it from the full reactor build.

For example, if you run:

mvn install -Pfastinstall -pl rt/bindings/xml -am

and then look at:
rt/bindings/xml/target/classes/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

with 3.0.4, you get the optionals on the stuff from tools.   With 2.2.1, you
don't.   What complicates it even more is if you cd into rt/binding/xml and
run mvn install with 2.2.1, it generates the correct manifest.

We may be able to work around the issue by explicitely setting optionals in
the bundle-plugin instructions, but that means a lot more work for us.
Plus, we'd have to go though ALL the bundles and run with both 3.x and 2.2.1
and check for other differences and such.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp