cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Shakirin <ashaki...@talend.com>
Subject RE: WS-Policy Article: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Using+WS-Policy+in+CXF+projects
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:30:08 GMT

What is your opinion and the next steps?

Regards,
Andrei.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Mazza [mailto:glen.mazza@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 February 2012 21:38
To: dev@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: WS-Policy Article: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Using+WS-Policy+in+CXF+projects

Andrei, the CXF Wiki is not a good place for "articles" -- that information you wish to impart
to the community should either go to an external blog with a reference on our Resources page
or incorporated within the CXF User's Guide, where everyone can update it and we don't have
to maintain duplicate information in multiple places.  If you have anecdotal information not
really fitting for a User's Guide, external blog entries are best.

If everyone placed his own articles separate from the User's Guide on the CXF wiki, I fear
we'd eventually have dozens of obsolete and duplicative articles as one-time authors write
something and forget about it afterwards as they move on to other things, and others become
reluctant to update what is identified as somebody else's work.

I pulled out your links from the External Resources page (http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/CONF-Apache-CXF-gt-Resources-and-Articles-td5499502.html).

Non-external CXF wiki pages should instead be linked to within the CXF User's Guide directly
or listed in the User's Guide Table of Contents (as an intermediate step before directly incorporating
the article into the guide.) Also, note nothing on the Wiki is owned by anybody but the whole
team, and anyone can update any page.  The moment you claim or imply ownership/authorship
of a page as you had on the Resource page--i.e., this page is my work, only I should be updating
it, or if the article is written in the first person, etc.--off to an external blog it needs
to go, with a link on the CXF resources page instead.

Thanks,
Glen