cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Shakirin <ashaki...@talend.com>
Subject Dynamic WSDL location by CXF Consumer
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 15:09:48 GMT
Hi,

Just would like to check the following thing in CXF architecture:
As I understand WSDL  is initialized quite early on the Client side. If wsdlLocation attribute
is defined in client spring configuration, JaxWsProxyFactoryBean -> ClientFactoryBean ->
ReflectionServiceFactoryBean get WSDL from the location and build Service Model. At this point
service endpoint and policy attachments are loaded. When client proxy is injected, it has
already pre-initialized endpoint and policies from WSDL.

Question: is there any possibility to update WSDL dynamically (for example load from another
location with updated endpoint and policies) after client proxy is injected?
Use case: service is looked up dynamically via service registry and client should make some
decisions which service wsdl will be used in callbacks handler. Therefore possible solution
will be just to tell client after ServiceRegistry lookup and callback calls - this is new
WSDL url with updated endpoint and updated policies.
As far as I can see it is not possible in CXF now, but just ask it to be sure.

Alternative solution is update only endpoint in ConduitSelector and set policies dynamically
using POLICY_OVERLOAD property.
WSDL solution seems to be more elegant, but I am not sure is it possible now in CXF.

Regards,
Andrei.