cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging interceptors and binary payloads
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:47:12 GMT
Hi

I'd like to get the Logging interceptors updated to report the 'pure'
binary payload only optionally. Right now I'm working on a demo where an
image payload is uploaded and then returned and I'm finding it difficult
to view through the logs with the binary content being logged.

So I'd like to suggest that only a string 'representing' such a payload
is logged, example:

ID: 41
Response-Code: 200
Headers: {Date=[Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:30:40 GMT], Content-Length=[18522]}
Messages: --- Binary Content ---

where  "--- Binary Content ---" replaces the actual 18K binary data.

If really needed showing the binary payload can be enforced by setting a
relevant property. For a start, "application/octet-stream" and "image/*"
media types are checked...

I've attached a patch to [1], I'll apply it a bit later on if we agree
it does make sense.

Thanks, Sergey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4102