cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject JAX-RS: Is anyone using CodeGeneratorProvider
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:04:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm thinking of deleting CodeGeneratorProvider [1] for 2.6 only,
given that it seems to be redundant now that we have a wadl2java command
line tool and plugin.

The idea behind CodeGeneratorProvider has been that one can just quickly
download a zipped source from the dev/test service endpoint, compile,
enhance a bit and test, but with the wadl2java tools it is not needed
any more. One can get an existing WADL or use the one generated by CXF
and feed it into a wadl code generator locally...

Does anyone feel it should be kept nonetheless and if yes then why ?

Let me know please, as I'm planning to remove it in the next few days.
This will also let me move the SourceGenerator code which
CodeGeneratorProvider relies upon to the tools/wadl, where it does belong...

Thanks, Sergey

[1]
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jaxrs-services-description.html#JAXRSServicesDescription-GeneratingtheclientcodefromWADLatruntime

--