cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Transform Feature Improvements (Was: Re: svn commit: r1227691)
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:52:59 GMT
2012/1/25 Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com>:
> Hi Aki
>
> I've changed the subject, hope you are ok with it
>
> On 25/01/12 10:04, Aki Yoshida wrote:
>>
>> 2012/1/24 Sergey Beryozkin<sberyozkin@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi Aki

>>> I've finally updated the documentation [1] to take note of your
>>> enhancement,
>>> thanks for this fine effort.
>>>
>>> It's quite complete now, this feature, may be we can offer some basic
>>> conditional transformation support in time too :-)
>>>

>> Hi Sergey,
>>
>> Thanks for the documentation update. We have now the inbound and
>> outbound transformation features aligned.
>>
>> Yes, we can add a few things along this transformation model. Allowing
>> a simple node path rather than just its node name to pick the node is
>> a useful extension. This will be easy. Providing some conditional
>> transformation is also useful one. If we can limit its functionality
>> and complexity in some reasonably level, that will be good.
>>

> I thought briefly about it, supporting node paths and simple conditions can
> probably be handled at the same time.
> As far as the condition is concerned, it should probably be straightforward
> conditions such as:
>
> /a:bar/a:foo = "text"
> /a:bar/a:foo/@baz = "text"
>
> and say inTransformMap:
> /a:bar/a:foo : {myns2}foo
>
> I recall you had an idea how to specify prefixes, may be we can also set a
> custom namespaceToPrefixes map so that we can say:
> /a:bar/a:foo : {b}foo
>
> at any moment of time we can get String or some stack pointing to the
> current simple element or attribute.
>
> If no conditions are there then as soon as we get a matching path we apply
> the transfpormation, otherwise we additionally check that the simple
> conditions are met
>
> I guess we can do something not too over-complex indeed, in many cases it's
> probably simple logic or path that can be applied

Hi Sergey,

If the conditions can be evaluated at the time of parsing, we can keep
the mechanism simple. So, we should assume this restriction.

Regarding how to specify the fixed namespace prefixes, for the plain
bean property based configuration, we could provide a namespace-prefix
mapping table. But this is kind of redundant because the namespace
prefix binding is in the parsing context. I wonder if there is a
simple way to get to the underlining namespace context without
introducing a spring/BP namespace handler for this feature. If not, we
can start with the mapping table approach.

regards, aki