cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Transform Feature Improvements (Was: Re: svn commit: r1227691)
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:19:07 GMT
Hi Aki

I've changed the subject, hope you are ok with it

On 25/01/12 10:04, Aki Yoshida wrote:
> 2012/1/24 Sergey Beryozkin<sberyozkin@gmail.com>:
>> Hi Aki
>>
>> On 05/01/12 16:49, ay@apache.org wrote:
>>>
>>> Author: ay
>>> Date: Thu Jan  5 16:49:56 2012
>>> New Revision: 1227691

>>> Log:
>>> [CXF-4013] Enhancing the element-append and drop options of
>>> OutTransformWriter
>>>

>> I've finally updated the documentation [1] to take note of your enhancement,
>> thanks for this fine effort.
>>
>> It's quite complete now, this feature, may be we can offer some basic
>> conditional transformation support in time too :-)
>>

> Hi Sergey,
>
> Thanks for the documentation update. We have now the inbound and
> outbound transformation features aligned.
>
> Yes, we can add a few things along this transformation model. Allowing
> a simple node path rather than just its node name to pick the node is
> a useful extension. This will be easy. Providing some conditional
> transformation is also useful one. If we can limit its functionality
> and complexity in some reasonably level, that will be good.

I thought briefly about it, supporting node paths and simple conditions
can probably be handled at the same time.
As far as the condition is concerned, it should probably be
straightforward conditions such as:

/a:bar/a:foo = "text"
/a:bar/a:foo/@baz = "text"

and say inTransformMap:
/a:bar/a:foo : {myns2}foo

I recall you had an idea how to specify prefixes, may be we can also set
a custom namespaceToPrefixes map so that we can say:
/a:bar/a:foo : {b}foo

at any moment of time we can get String or some stack pointing to the
current simple element or attribute.

If no conditions are there then as soon as we get a matching path we
apply the transfpormation, otherwise we additionally check that the
simple conditions are met

I guess we can do something not too over-complex indeed, in many cases
it's probably simple logic or path that can be applied

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders