cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Start the 2.5.x_fixes branch, trunk to 2.6.0?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:53:56 GMT

Now that 2.5.1 is out, I like to create the 2.5.x_fixes branch and change
trunk to target 2.6.0.   Any objections?   If not, I'll do so tomorrow.

I'd like to start working on a few things for 2.6.x:

1) Individual OSGi bundles (when possible, sent a note about that before).
Will require some minor code refactoring.

2) raw type cleanups.  I'd like to turn back on a couple of the eclipse
warnings, but this requires some cleanup.   A lot of them are things like
changing  "Class foo" to "Class<?> foo" and such, but there are others.  Some
of this MAY have minor updates to public APIs to add the generics.

3) Better OSGi config support - things like the http:jetty stuff, http:conduit
things, etc... should likely be controllable from the OSGi config, not per
application.   I'd like to investigate this a bit.

4) Likely some OSGi based system tests.  Definitely needed.

5) Try to revive/rework the commons-http based async transport from my branch.

--
Daniel Kulp