cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support multiple policy interceptor providers per policy assertion
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:16:05 GMT
On Friday, January 27, 2012 4:38:41 PM Andrei Shakirin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the moment policy mechanism is very powerful, but have some limitations.
> One of them is that it is possible to register only one InterceptorProvider
> for one policy assertion.
>
> PolicyInterceptorProviderRegistry interface extends Regsitry as:
>
> public interface PolicyInterceptorProviderRegistry
> extends Registry<QName, PolicyInterceptorProvider> {

> I see some use cases where PolicyInterceptorProvider(s) are independent, but
> associated with the same policy assertion (for example in complex
> authentication case).
>
> Proposal: extend PolicyInterceptorProviderRegistry to save set of
> PolicyInterceptorProvider for one assertion. If proposal is accepted I will
> provide patch.

Sure.   Definitely for 2.6.0.  I'd have to see that patch to see how
applicable it would be to backport to 2.5.x.    Is this something that would
be needed for 2.5.x or can we pursue this just for 2.6?    The policy stuff
has moved around (to resolve split packages) so backporting stuff may be a bit
difficult (but not impossible).

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp